In addition many UK providers also offer cancer insurance cover, pay as you go private health insurance, Dental insurance and international health insurance. For more information on these additional private medical insurance options, take a look at our new section coming soon.
Quite simply the more you pay each month, the more medical insurance cover you will get, so it’s important to think about your own specific needs. A cheap private health insurance plan may be appealing but if it doesn’t give you the comprehensive health insurance protection you are looking for, it may not be the best health plan for you. That is why comparing leading private health insurance UK provider’s plans is important, not only in terms of price but also the service provided too.
How to reduce the cost of your healthcare plan
Whether you are looking for cheap medical insurance or a comprehensive health insurance plan, there are a number of ways you can lower the cost and save money.
Of course comparing the market for private health insurance quotes is one way you will save money but there are also a number of ways you can tweak your health cover which can in turn reduce the amount you pay each month.
Why not watch our short video and find out more:
- Agree to be treated by a selected number of private hospitals. This may mean you travel further for treatment but could reduce the amount you pay overall
- Agree to pay an excess meaning that you pay part of every claim. The more excess you pay, the lower your premium
- Agree to be treated by the NHS if the treatment can take place within a specified amount of time (e.g. 6 weeks)
- Agree to pay a proportion of the full treatment costs, e.g. 25%. The higher the percentage you agree to pay, the lower your premium
Some health care providers also reduce payments through your ‘no claims bonus’ whilst others provide additional discounts for people with healthier lifestyles. For more information on how you can cut your healthcare costs with a few lifestyle changes, see our new section coming soon.
How does Private Health Insurance work?
The level of Private Health Care you select will dictate what you are covered for; basically the things you can claim for. If you have health issues, an illness or injury that requires investigation or treatment, first see your doctor who will refer you to a specialist. Once you have been referred, call your health insurance provider to check that the condition is covered under the healthcare plan you have chosen. It is important to ensure your condition is covered before you see the specialist.
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit your GP
2. Your GP refers you to a specialist
3. You contact your health care provider to check you are covered
4. Your insurer will provide you with an authorisation code
5. You can then make an appointment or wait to receive confirmation from the specialist
How do I buy private health insurance?
When choosing the best health insurance plan for you it’s important to compare the market to see what is on offer. Remember it’s not just about price though; cheap health insurance may be appealing but always check to see what services are included.
Through our partnership with Hannah Insurance Services who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Autority, you can compare health insurance quotes online with the UK’s leading private health care providers such as AXA PPP, Pru Health, Bupa, Simplyhealth and Aviva, all in just a few minutes.
Provided you are over 18 years of age we will be happy to help you find you the right plan.
If you want more information on any of the health care plans, Hannah Insurance Services are on hand to help. You can request a quote online or call them on 01933 447251 whichever you prefer.
Frequently asked questions