What's covered in The Exeter’s Health Insurance
As with most policies of this type, the cover exists to help with conditions that arise after you have taken out a policy. Although there are typically no medicals required in advance, there is a medical declaration to complete.
As is the case with all health insurance, there are special provisions and exclusions typically relating to pre-existing medical conditions and these would be discussed with you on a case-by-case basis.
The Health Cover me plan includes:
- Unlimited in-patient, day-patient and out-patient treatment
- Health Cover for Me offers comprehensive cover that doesn’t limit in-patient, day-patient or out-patient treatment.
- Unlimited cover for cancer – including access to all clinically approved drugs
- Unlimited cancer cover includes pioneering treatments such as biological and hormone therapy.
- No time or financial limits for treatment or consultations
- No penalties for making a claim
- Manipulative treatment
Health Cover for Me includes costs of physiotherapy, osteopathy, podiatry and chiropractic treatment as an out-patient.
The Health Choices for me plan
Personalise your Health Choices for Me plan by choosing options from 3 cover modules below:
- Unlimited Consultant and specialist fees. Diagnostic tests such as X-rays, ECGs and pathology tests at any hospital on the Hospital List. Please note that CT, MRI and PET scans are included as standard under Essential Cover. No benefit for diagnosed cancer conditions as these are included in the optional Cancer Cover module below.
- Unlimited. Extends the scope of benefits under Essentials Cover (such as surgery and scans) to include treatment for diagnosed cancer and adds unlimited benefit for oncology and specialist consultations for cancer.
- Costs for physiotherapy, osteopathy, podiatry and chiropractic treatment received as an out-patient.
The Essentials for me plan - options to reduce your premiums
This essentially provides customisable cover as outlined in the above option but it allows you to reduce your costs by you paying for diagnostic consultations with health professionals while the policy will pay for subsequent treatments.
Please note, as with all health insurance quotes, the above benefits are subject to conditions and requirements.
You may also be able to vary them based upon your own personal requirements (e.g. for specific hospitals) and that may affect the cost of your cover.
As with all plans there some exclusions depending on your lifestyle and medical history; our health insurance adviser will advise you if any apply to you.
Existing Medical conditions maybe excluded
Pre-existing conditions - depending on the application option you choose, pre-existing conditions will either be excluded from cover for the duration of your policy or for the ‘moratorium’ period of your policy.
Unlike most insurers, The Exeter offers a fixed length moratorium. Which means that benefits will not be available for treatment of any condition suffered if you had symptoms, medication, treatment or advice in connection with that condition in the five years before the start of your policy.
However, they will cover a pre-existing condition two years after the start of your policy, even if it has recurred during that two year period.
Please note: If you apply using Fixed Moratorium, your premiums will be higher. All applicants must be 65 years or younger.
Can I switch my exiting health insurance to The Exeter?
Yes you can using either of the following 2 options:
Continued Moratorium: This lets you continue with your existing medical insurance plan's moratorium period should you still be in it - if you have exceeded this period then you will receive immediate cover of benefits.
Continued personal medical exclusions: this option allows you to switch health insurer but exclude any existing medical exclusions - you will need to provide evidence to The Exeter.
Leaving your employers health insurance scheme?
Some key benefits of The Exeter Health Insurance Plan
- Very simple options
- No penalties for making claims
- Unlimited cover in cost terms (subject to certain definitions)
- Easy to understand and simple inclusions/exclusions
- The Exeter also offers a number of membership benefits, such as:
- Exeter Assist - offering confidential support and guidance on a wide range of issues, from relationship concerns to worries about debt.
- GP Helpline - a phone and webcam service providing information and advice about your health concerns or those of your family.
- Private prescription service - a follow-up to the GP Helpline, providing a hassle-free way of receiving medication, without a trip to an NHS doctor.