How to Avoid making the wrong choice when considering a funeral plan
Before choosing your prepaid funeral plan it is important to know all the details - which is where we can help.
Our short video opposite will help you avoid these pitfalls or please read on..........
All pre-paid funeral plans guarantee your funeral directors services frozen at today's prices - which includes their professional advice and support, the hearse, coffin, care of the deceased and attendence on the day; you can check full details in our "Types of Plan" section.
However, a large part of the overall funeral costs are made up of what are known as 3rd party costs or disbursements, which are the cremation or burial fees, ministers fees and where appropriate doctors fees*.
With cremation funerals, most prepaid funeral plan providers only provide a contribution towards these 3rd party costs, which means that there could be a shortfall when the time comes that your family will have to pay. This is not the case with a Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan.
Dignity funeral plans also guarantee to freeze your cremation and ministers fees at today's prices so you can be sure that your family will have nothing more to pay for these services as detailed in the plan, no matter when it is in the future.
The following plan providers only make a contribution towards these 3rd party costs:
Avalon / Golden Charter / Perfect Choice / Safe Hands / Golden Leaves / Choices / Open Prepaid Funerals / Liberty
In a recent survey, independent consumer research company Fairer Finance discovered that over 90% of people who purchased one of these type of ‘contribution plans’ thought that all of their cremation costs were guaranteed, which unfortunately wasn't the case.
In addition, Defaqto, the independent financial information business has awarded the Dignity Diamond Plan 5 Stars; all other providers listed here received only 3 Stars for their equivalent plan reflecting a lowel level of cover.
We recommend Dignity Funeral Plans
As an independent company, if you are over 50 years of age, we have chosen to recommend the Dignity Funeral Plan for all of our UK business as we believe that they offer excellent value for money, including:
- Award winning customer service
- Bio-degradeable coffins - eco-friendly
- If you move, the plan moves with you at no extra cost
- Joint funeral plans option
- Competitive monthly payment options
- National coverage
- Guaranteed cremation & ministers fees, aswell as funeral director's services listed in the plan frozen at today's prices
- For burial funerals, a generous allowance of £1,220 towards burial costs, including burial plot
Will you pay more for these benefits?
When it comes to your funeral you want to be sure of the highest standards and that your family will not have any nasty financial surprises and that's why we recommend the Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan.
Request a Brochure
Plus when you buy your Dignity Plan through us before 12th April 2018, you will receive a £200 saving*.
*some plan providers allowance will also contribute towards doctors fees, not applicable in Scotland & planned to be removed in England Wales
**Not all funeral plans are the same video**
- applies to cremation funeral only
- See Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2016 for rising funeral costs
- 3rd party costs in England/Wales currently consist of ccremation, ministers & doctors fees. In Scotland these doctors fees are not required & England/Wales is expected to follow shortly