All of the Vitality Health Insurance plans include the core cover which incorporates the essentials for any healthcare plan. This includes the following:
- In-patient and day patient treatment – pays for hospital fees including overnight stays, nursing and drugs as well as intensive care treatment and charges for operating theatres.
- Consultants fees – which includes surgeons’ anaesthetists’ and physicians’ fees plus other consultant appointments as long as they are registered with an accredited body that is recognised by VitalityHealth.
- Extended cancer cover – covers the cost of all eligible treatments associated with the condition once it has been diagnosed.
- Diagnostic cover – as an in or day patient which includes things like blood tests, x-rays, MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Out-Patient Treatment – includes cover for surgical procedures which are covered by the plan
Plus a range of other benefits such as a cash benefit if you are treated by the NHS instead of receiving private healthcare; home nursing; counselling, rehabilitation, oral surgery and certain corrective surgeries to name but a few.
Two levels of cover that offer either full out-patient cover or out-patient cover with a limit for consultants fees when part of your treatment, out-patient diagnostics such as scans, blood tests, x-rays, radiology and pathology when referred by a consultant.
A choice of either full cover or a limit of £350 a year for chiropractic treatment, osteopathy, podiatry, acupuncture, homeopathy and two consultations with a dietician.
Two levels of cover offering either £15,000 or £20,000 a year for consultations with a psychiatrist or psychologist and hospitals stays.
Gives you the option to decrease the amount you pay for your health insurance plan by limiting certain cancer treatments.
Choose between ‘Major dental treatment’ which covers more serious treatments such as root canal, bridges and extractions or ‘Major and Routine dental treatment’ which also includes everyday treatments such as examinations, hygiene and fillings.
Possibly an option for someone who travels a lot including up to £10 million overseas emergency medical expenses for up to 120 days, as long as you are aged 64 or younger.
Vitality Health do not list their exclusions on their website however they will be included in the terms and conditions you should read before applying for the plan.
When applying, you have the option to choose either an underwritten or a moratorium plan:
Full Medical Underwriting:
This type of plan looks at your age, medical history and any previous claims you may have made prior to providing a health insurance quote. Based on this information, Vitality Health will decide whether any exclusions should be added to the plan.
This type of plan requires no health and medical questionnaires but because of this you won’t know for certain which conditions they will cover you for. For example you will not be covered for any pre-existing conditions you have had within the last 5 years.
Yes you can switch from your existing health insurance cover to Vitality Health.
- If you have been free of claims for a year they will match your existing quote.
- If you have been free of claims for two years they will beat your existing quote by 5%.
- If you have been free of claims for five years they will beat your existing quote by 10%
And as far as health cover is concerned, they promise to always match or improve your cover.
Based on an underwritten plan for a 50 year old male, living in South East of England, with the Comprehensive Cover but no add ons and a £250 excess - the monthly payments would be £76.52.
- Award winning health insurance – rated 5 star by Defaqto
- 24/7 access to a private GP helpline, with private GP video consultations within 48 hours
- Flexibility gives you the option to tailor the health insurance to your requirements
- Offers health advice and rewards that save money and help promote a healthier lifestyle
- Treatment selected by medical experts – not insurers