What's in the Equs Plan?
The Equs Planhas 4 parts to it:
- Equs Key provides an essential level of cover. Fast access to an initial consultation and diagnostic tests so you can find out very quickly whether something is wrong. You'll also be covered if you need to be admitted to a private hospital for surgery for an acute condition.
- Equs Key may suit you if you are looking for an essential level of cover for in-patient surgery. Equs Key has an annual overall maximum benefit limit of £50,000 per person.
- Equs has all the benefits of Equs Key but it includes an essential level of cover for the treatment of cancer that increases for each of the first five years of your membership. Within certain limits, there is out-patient cover for therapies, complementary medicine and cardiovascular conditions. Cash benefits for life and critical illness are also included.
- Equs Plus provides all the benefits of Equs and more. There are higher limits for out-patient benefits and more comprehensive cover for therapies and complementary medicine. It also provides in-patient cover for cardiovascular conditions.
- Equs Elite is the highest level of cover in the Equs Range. The level of cover for the treatment of cancer and the limits for out-patient benefits including therapies and complementary medicine are higher than Equs Plus. Equs Elite also provides cover for routine dental services, optical services and for private GP services. In addition, Equs Elite includes cover for private maternity services for the delivery of a baby within a private medical facility.
Broadly speaking, the Equs range offers more restricted benefits with emphasis on affordable cover. Altus offers more comprehensive and rounded cover, with the generalities of the cover of each outlined above.
What's in the Altus plan?
This range also breaks down into four options:
- Altus Key provides fast access to initial consultation and diagnostic tests, so you can find out very quickly whether something is wrong. Comprehensive cover is also given for admission to a private hospital for surgery for acute conditions. This includes cover for cancer treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Altus Key may suit you if you are looking for a comprehensive level of in-patient cover.
- Altus offers comprehensive cover for in-patient care where you are happy to accept out-patient benefits which are subject to certain limits, in return for a lower monthly premium.
- Cover is provided for cancer treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Cash benefits for life and critical illness are also included. In addition, there is access to a 24 hour a day GP advice line.
- Altus Plus provides all the benefits of Altus with higher limits for out-patient benefits plus cover for a private ambulance and home nursing. There are also cash benefits included for personal accident and temporary disablement.
- Altus Plus also provides you with medical cover outside of the UK. If you or your family are taken ill or are injured overseas, Altus Plus is designed to meet the medical costs and the costs of transportation back to the UK for urgent medical attention. Cover is also provided for a doctor to accompany you, if necessary.
- Altus Elite is the highest level of cover in the Altus range. In addition to all the benefits of Altus Plus, Altus Elite provides cover for routine dental services, optical services and for private GP services as well as palliative care for cancer patients. Cover is also provided for private maternity services and boarding pets.
As with all plans there some exclusions depending on your lifestyle and medical history; our health insurance adviser will advise you if any apply to you.
Do you have any existing medical conditions?
General & Medical use various forms of underwriting including Moratorium – meaning that your pre-existing conditions typically won’t be covered for a period of up to five years.
However, they are unusual in that they offer to take on up to two pre-existing conditions subject to you accepting reduced benefits. Each case will be considered separately.
Some of the key benefits of the General & Medical Health Insurance Plan
- The possibility to take some pre-existing conditions under cover
- Highly modular and customisable products meaning that entry-level prices are low.
You may wish to look at changing your exiisting health insurance to General & Medical.