BUPA Health Insurance Review
- Up to 10% saving on family plans
- A choice of 2 main plans
- A leading health insurance brand
- Our independent review of the BUPA Health Plan could help you decide whether it's the right plan.
Bupaoffer a comprehensive range of plans however to ensure this is the best private medical insurance policy for you, why not let us help you compare health insurance quotes by clicking on the "Compare Quotes" button. The service is free with absolutely no obligation and it may just help you save money or find a more suitable plan.
BUPA was created on 3 April 1947.
It was originally called the “British United Provident Association” but today BUPA is a private company limited by guarantee without shareholders.
Today it provides services to over 27 million people across the globe, employing around 86,000 people in the process. Its headquarters are in London.
The BUPA Health Insurance options
BUPA Medical Insurance options
As with most policies of this type, the cover exists to help with conditions that arise after you have taken out a policy. Although there are typically no medicals required in advance, there are special provisions and exclusions that apply to pre-existing medical conditions and these would be discussed with you on a case-by-case basis.
Dental Care Plans
BUPA Dental care offer a range of services whether you are an NHS or private dental patient.
They have 3 dental insurance plans to choose from:
- Dental Cover 10
- Dental Cover 20
- BUPA Dental Health Plan
Each offer a range of services depending on your budget - visit the BUPA website for more details or call us for a quote.
Pay as you go treatments
This is as simple as it sounds, you pay for the teatment as you need it.
The most popular types of treatment are:
- Knee replacement surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Hip replacement surgery
- Private GP services
Elderly Care Services
BUPA offer a support service to the elderly and their families seeking long term care.
What's covered in the BUPA Health Insurance Plan
Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan
This is BUPA’s highest level of private health service provision. It covers (in summary) diagnosis and treatment in areas such as:
- Access to outpatient diagnostic services (some are subject to financial limits)
- Treatment as an in-patient or out-patient. That includes further tests if required by a consultant. Some financial limits may apply in some cases
- NHS cash benefits if you select NHS treatment for an eligible private treatment case
- Treatment at home – paid if you’re treated at home (e.g. some forms of chemotherapy) in a qualifying case
- Procedure specific NHS cash benefits – paid to you if you opt to have certain specified qualifying ailments or conditions treated under the NHS
- Home nursing
- Private ambulance
- BUPA Anytime HealthLine
Treatment and Care Medical Insurance Plan
This level of cover typically is based around cases where your condition has already been diagnosed by the NHS and you are seeking to now have private treatment. It typically provides treatment in areas including:
- Hospital treatment
- Out-patient therapies
- Mental health
- Post treatment out-patient consultations
- Post treatment tests
- Post treatment scans
- Cancer treatment and drugs
- NHS cash benefit
- NHS cancer cover cash benefit
- Treatment at home
- Procedure specific NHS cash benefits
- Home nursing
- Private ambulance
- BUPA Anytime HealthLine.
Please note, as with all health insurance, the above benefits are subject to conditions and requirements. You may also be able to vary them based upon your own personal requirements (e.g. for specific hospitals) and that may affect the cost of your cover.
As with all plans there some exclusions depending on your lifestyle and medical history; our health insurance adviser will advise you if any apply to you.
Will I be covered if I have an existing medical condition?
BUPA will require you to complete a health declaration form, though no medical is required.
Typically, pre-existing conditions will not be covered though there may be some exceptions. A discussion is usually required to be sure.
Can I switch my existing health insurance cover to BUPA?
Yes, whether you have a private health insurance policy or part of a company health insurance scheme that you wish to leave, BUPA will guide you through the process.
Any eligible conditions you might have could remain covered with BUPA and there is no need for your application to be re-underwritten.
Is a BUPA health insurance plan right for me?
- Access to BUPA rewards, which provides discounts from some of the UK’s biggest names in health and wellbeing, leisure, travel, home entertainment and retail
- Affordable and simple cover levels
- Payment in situations where you choose (or have no choice) other than to seek NHS treatment in qualifying conditions
- One of the most experienced providers of health care in the UK.
How to get a BUPA Health Insurance Quote
You can go direct to BUPA Health or you can use our comparison service through our partner Hannah Insurance Services, who will look at the whole of market for you offering the same plans at the same price, but ensuring that you get advice on all providers plans that suit your circumstances and budget.
You could start by getting online health insurance quotes here and then if you wish call them on 01933 447251 to discuss your options and how they can keep the price as low as possible for you.
Or you can take a look at other health insurance reviews to compare before getting quotes.
Compare Quotes today