Top tips for comparing prepaid direct funeral plans
The services included in a plan are guaranteed however there may be some associated costs that are not included, which are highlighted in our top tips. For example, some plans:
- Charge extra for collection out of hours
- Don't include doctor’s fees, if required
- Charge extra for collection from home or a nursing home
- Only include an allowance for the cremation fees that could leave family with more to pay
- Operate from a single location
- Charge extra for return of the ashes
At the end of the day the cheapest prepaid cremation plan may not be the best if there are additional services to pay for when the time comes.
Is it cheaper to prepay for cremation?
A prepaid cremation can be cheaper, as you are fixing the cost at today’s prices, avoiding future inflation if funeral costs increase. Once your prepaid direct cremation plan is in place, the services guaranteed in your plan will be carried out when the time comes at no extra cost to your family, no matter when that is in the future.
Direct cremation reviews
Take a look at our reviews - national providers under the spotlight: