Celebration of Life review
- 1 simple direct cremation plan
- Prices start from £1,450
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Instalments with full cover after 24 months*
Celebration of Life is an FCA authorised company that provides cremation services for someone who has recently passed away and funeral plans for those looking to plan ahead.
In this review: To help you compare Celebration of Life funeral plans, we look at the services included in the plan, the benefits, possible drawbacks and how your money is held.
Once you have read the Celebration of Life review, you can see how they compare with other FCA regulated plan providers, or read the rest of our prepaid funeral plan reviews.
Who is Celebration of Life?
Celebration of Life is a Southampton based direct cremation service provider established in 2019. They are completely dedicated to direct cremation and through their partnership with Westerleigh and the Crematorium and Memorial Group, operate throughout mainland Great Britain**.
**Also provide services to the islands and highlands not connected by a bridge, but there will be additional charges for ferry fees and transportation costs that will need to be paid for at the time of need.
What prepaid funeral plans do Celebration of Life offer?
Celebration of Life offer direct cremation services for those who have recently passed away and a direct cremation funeral plan for people looking to plan ahead.
Here’s how the two options work:
Celebration of Life cremations for someone who has just died
Prices for a simple unattended cremation with Celebration of Life for someone who has recently passed away start from £850. The total cost will depend on the services you require as you pay more for collection from home, doctor’s fees and return of the ashes.
Ordinarily the service provided is through one of their partner crematoriums however you can specify an alternative crematorium if required but this may incur additional fees.
Celebration of Life cremations for those looking to plan ahead
The Celebration of Life funeral plan costs £1,450 and includes all the services you need for a direct cremation.
It includes collection 24 hours a day from anywhere in mainland Great Britain, cremation fees, doctor’s fees, a simple coffin and ashes returned by hand.
You can also arrange for people to attend the committal but this additional service would need to be paid for at the time of need.
Celebration of Life need to knows
In addition to looking at the benefits of a prepaid funeral, it’s worth reviewing the possible drawbacks too. Here we look at both in more detail to help you consider if it’s the best funeral plan for you.
- Guarantees all the services required for a direct cremation
- Collection 24 hours a day from anywhere in mainland Great Britain
- Doctor’s fees are included if required
- Hand delivery of the ashes
- 80 crematoriums throughout mainland Great Britain
- Family and friends have option to attend the committal (to be paid for at the time of need)
- Removal of pacemaker where necessary at no extra cost
- Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority
- With monthly direct cremation plans you are covered for the services included in the plan after 24 months. As long as your payments are up to date, your services as listed will be provided with nothing more for your family to pay. (You are covered immediately if death is as a result of an accident).
Important to know
- With instalments plans, if you die within the first 24 months your services would not be guaranteed (unless as a result of an accident). Instead, your estate can either receive a full refund or pay the difference so Celebration of Life can provide their direct cremation services
- Instalments greater than 12 months incur a 4.8% charge
- Doesn’t include a funeral service
- Doesn’t include additional funeral costs such as flowers, a memorial, a hearse or the wake
Celebration of Life reviews by their customers
Celebration of Life reviews can be found on Google reviews where they have been rated 5 out of 5.
Celebration of Life reviews by the industry
Celebration of Life funeral plans have been reviewed by research and ratings company Fairer Finance.
What happens to my money with Celebration of Life funeral plans?
Celebration of Life funeral plans are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. When you buy a plan, your money is held securely in an independently managed trust fund until it is required to pay for your funeral services.
Should the need arise, for added protection, your money is guaranteed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
How can I pay for a Celebration of Life funeral plan?
You can pay for a Celebration of Life funeral plan either in one go or by monthly instalments. Here’s how each payment option works:
This is the cheapest way to buy a Celebration of Life funeral plan. Alternatively, you can spread your payments over 12 months and the cost will be the same.
Monthly instalments are available between 2 and 5 years with a 4.8% charge.
*As long as your payments are up to date, you are covered for the services included in the plan after 24 months. If you were to die after this period but before you have completed your instalments, the services as detailed in the plan would be provided with nothing more to pay.
Am I eligible for a Celebration of Life funeral plan?
To be eligible for a Celebration of Life funeral plan, you need to be at least 18 years of age. Whilst there is no upper limit on single payments or instalments up to 2 years, there is an age cap on eligibility for 3, 4 or 5 year instalment plans of 75 years old.
Can I choose either a burial or cremation service?
As a Celebration of Life funeral plan is for a direct cremation service, it can only be used for cremation, not burial.
Can I cancel my plan?
If you cancel your plan within 60 days, you will get a full refund of any money paid. If you cancel after this period, a £350 cancellation fee will apply.
If you pay by instalments and cancel within the first 24 months, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation after this time will be subject to the £350 cancellation fee.
What happens to my funeral plan if I move home?
If you move, as long as your new address is within mainland Great Britain, Celebration of Life can continue to provide their direct cremation services.
What should I do now?
Now you have read the Celebration of Life funeral plan review, you may want to:
- Compare funeral plans with other FCA regulated companies
- See how other companies compare with our funeral plan reviews
- Find out more about simple funeral plan with our guide to direct cremation