Vitality Life insurance options
Vitality Life’s product pays a lump sum to your beneficiaries in the event you die within the term of the cover. As with any life insurance review, the policy will be seen to contain terms and conditions confirming the situations covered and those which are not.
The amount of cover you select and the period over which it is applicable (the term) is decided by you. You must be between the ages of 17 and 75 at the start of the policy. Policies will terminate at 90 years of age.
You can add both serious illness and income protection cover to the plan – see below.
Variable term options are also available, offering:
- decreasing cover, meaning the amount covered decreases over the term in line with a reducing debt (e.g. a mortgage, though the benefit is not restricted to that alone) or your family’s need for your income generation;
- indexed cover – where the sum payable rises in line with an external factor, typically meaning an increase in line with inflation. This means your beneficiaries wouldn’t see the value of the sum you’re covered for reducing over time as costs in life go up;
- fixed cover – where the amount insured remains unchanged throughout the entire term.
Serious Illness Cover
- Vitality Life’s cover in this area will pay out a lump sum to your specified beneficiaries in the event that you suffer from one of a specified number of serious illnesses;
- the sum paid out varies with the most serious illnesses receiving the highest amounts and a percentage of that maximum being paid out for more minor conditions.
The money can be used to help you and your family cope with the additional expenses that can arise when serious illness strikes
Income Protection Cover
Vitality Life offers a policy designed to generate a regular monthly income for you or your family, should you be unable to work as the result of an insured medical condition or following an accident.
The cover will continue until you are fit to return to work. Qualifying terms and conditions will apply.
Whole of Life Cover
If you’re conducting your Vitality Life Insurance Review, it’s worth noting that you can typically add “whole of life” cover as an option.
This option allows your beneficiaries to receive a lump-sum payment when you die, at whatever age.
It is a product option typically aimed at those who perhaps no longer require larger amounts of life insurance to protect a young family or mortgage but who wish to leave something behind for their funeral expenses or any other reason.
Mortgage Life Insurance
This is essentially an insurance policy aimed at helping you or your family deal with the mortgage in the event you’re unable to contribute.
Vitality Life’s cover comes under two headings:
- mortgage incapacity cover – this generates regular monthly payment of your mortgage, for a specified period of time, in the event you’re too ill or otherwise unable to work. Specified illnesses, conditions and circumstances apply;
- mortgage life cover – where your outstanding mortgage would be paid off in the event of your death.