Can you have more than one over 50 plan?
You can have more than one Sunlife over 50s plan however your total monthly premiums are limited to £100 and the cash payout threshold should be no more than £18,000. So, you can have as many over 50s plans as you like, as long as you don’t exceed these limitations.
Free Funeral Benefit Option
SunLife's Guaranteed Over 50 Plan comes with a free Funeral Benefit Option. You can choose to have your cash payout go directly to Dignity Funerals Limited, who will use it to pay towards the cost of your funeral. They will also contribute £250 if a Dignity Funeral Director is used to conduct your funeral.
When the time comes, your family only have to make one call and the Dignity Funeral Director will help them through all the arrangements.
Things to consider
- The Guaranteed Over 50 Plan gives you full cover after one year. If you pass away before then, SunLife will pay out everything you’ve paid in.
- The plan includes accidental death benefit - so SunLife will pay the full cash sum if you die as the result of an accident, even if you’ve had your plan for less than one year.
- Depending on how long you live, you could pay more in premiums than the cash sum paid out.
- You need to ensure you keep up with your monthly payments or your insurance will end and you won’t get anything back.
- The cash sum is fixed so inflation will reduce its value over time.
- Please ensure you understand and are happy with the terms and conditions before taking out a plan.
- The maximum cover level is £18,000.
- The SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan is provided by Phoenix Life Limited.
Sunlife over 50 plan reviews by their customers
The Sunlife plan and the service they offer has been rated highly by customers on two leading independent review sites - Feefo and Truspilot.
Feefo shows a rating of 4.8 for the Sunlife plan which is classed as excellent. Trustpilot also shows an excellent rating of 4.7.
Celebrity endorsed Sunlife adverts
In addition to customer reviews, Sunlife insurance has been endorsed in it’s adverts by many leading UK actors and presenters over the years. The most famous Sunlife advert has to be with Michael Parkinson, however June Whitfield, Annette Crosby, Alan Titchmarsh and more recently Carol Vorderman have also played their part in promoting the over 50 plan.
How to get a Sunlife quote
Getting a Sunlife Over 50 Plan quote is easy and takes less than 60 seconds. Premiums start from £4 a month and the service is completely free.
To see how much cash you could get, just click on the "Get a quote" buttons or Sunlife adverts on this page to go the Sunlife website.
Get a SunLife Guaranteed Over Plan quote in 60 seconds