British Seniors Over 50s Life Insurance Review
- Affordable cover from £4.32 a month†
- Full cover after the first 12 months
- Free Will Kit worth £100 – with every policy purchased
- A £100 M&S Gift Card* – Free when you take out a plan
Get a British Seniors quote
British Seniors life insurance for the over 50s
British Seniors® Over 50s Life Insurance is 5-star Defaqto rated in 2021 – the highest rating possible. They are also a Feefo Platinum Trusted Merchant, based on independent customer reviews, having previously achieved a Gold rating four years in a row.
Chosen by 1000s of people across Britain, it’s simple and easy to apply for a policy with British Seniors. Policies start from as little as £4.32 a month, that’s just 15p a day†.
Unlike some other plans, the British Seniors over 50s life insurance offers free cover after age 95; – from the policy anniversary following your 95th birthday, premiums are no longer payable, and your cover continues for life.
Key features of British Seniors over 50s life insurance
- You're guaranteed to be accepted – as long as you’re a UK resident aged 50-80
- Immediate cover - for accidental death, plus death by any cause after 12 months
- Choice of benefit amount from £1,000 up to £10,000 – depending on your age
- Fast payout – British Seniors aim to approve claims within days of receiving them
- No medical and health or medical questions to answer
- Guaranteed no increases – the amount you pay will never increase, unless you choose the increasing benefit option to help protect your policy from the effects of inflation
- Accidental death benefit will pay twice the cash sum
- Free £100 M&S voucher* when you buy a policy
Free £300 Funeral Benefit Option
British Seniors in partnership with Golden Charter offer a free funeral benefit option with their plan. If you choose this option, your cash sum will be paid directly to Golden Charter to help pay for the services of one of their funeral directors who is local to you. In return a contribution of £300 will be paid towards the cost of your funeral services.
Golden Charter is a leading funeral planning company that has the largest nationwide network of independent funeral directors.
Things to consider:
- Inflation may reduce value of cover. If you choose the Increasing Benefit Option this can help to protect your policy from the effects of inflation.
- You may pay in more than we pay out
- This policy has no cash in value
The maximum level of cover is as follows:
Age at start date
Maximum benefit amount
50 - 69
70 - 74
75 - 80
How to get a British Seniors Over 50s life insurance quote
You can visit the British Seniors Over 50 life Insurance website for more information or you can compare some main features on our site to see how they compare to the other leading over 50 life insurance companies.
*Gift Card Terms and Conditions: British Seniors will aim to send the gift card after receiving your sixth successful monthly premium and when total premiums paid exceeds the gift card value. There is a limit of one gift card per policy sold. Please allow time for delivery. No cash alternative will be offered. Available to new customers only.
†For 50 year old non-smoker with £1,000 of cover.
Get a quote