British Seniors Over 50s Life Insurance Review
- Full cover after the first 12 months
- Free Will Kit worth £100 – with every policy purchased
- A £135 Gift Card* – Biggest gift ever when you take out a plan
In this review you will learn who British Seniors are, details about their over 50s life insurance plan, the benefits and things to look our for. Once you have read the review you may wish to see how it compares to other over 50 life insurance plans.
British Seniors life insurance for the over 50s
British Seniors life insurance for over 50s is affordable, simple to arrange and covers you for the whole of your life. Policies start from as little as £4.32 a month, just 15p a day† and acceptance is guaranteed, regardless of your health and lifestyle.
British Seniors® are a Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Provider, based on independent customer reviews, having achieved a Gold rating three years in a row. This means that British Seniors are recognised as a company that provides excellent and trustworthy customer service.
Chosen by 1000s of people across Britain, it’s simple and easy to apply for a policy with British Seniors.
Unlike some other plans, the British Seniors over 50s life insurance offers free cover after age 95; – from the policy anniversary following your 95th birthday, premiums are no longer payable, and your cover continues for life.
Who are British Seniors?
British Seniors Insurance Agency is a trading name of Neilson Financial Services, who are a global specialist provider of life insurance. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and all of British Seniors life insurance policies are underwritten and administered by AIG Life Limited.
Key features of British Seniors over 50s life insurance
- You're guaranteed to be accepted – as long as you’re a UK resident aged 50-80
- Immediate cover - for accidental death, plus death by any cause after 12 months
- Choice of benefit amount from £1,000 up to £10,000 – depending on your age
- Fast payout – British Seniors aim to approve claims within days of receiving them
- No medical and health or medical questions to answer
- Guaranteed no increases – the amount you pay will never increase, unless you choose the increasing benefit option to help protect your policy from the effects of inflation
- 2x benefit amount paid out for accidental death
- Free £135 voucher* when you buy a policy
Free £300 Funeral Benefit Option
British Seniors in partnership with Golden Charter offer a free funeral benefit option with their plan. If you choose this option, your cash sum will be paid directly to Golden Charter to help pay for the services of one of their funeral directors who is local to you. In return a contribution of £300 will be paid towards the cost of your funeral services. If you choose an unattended cremation, please note that the £300 contribution will not apply~.
Golden Charter is a leading funeral planning company that has the largest nationwide network of independent funeral directors.
Things to consider:
- Inflation may reduce value of cover. If you choose the Increasing Benefit Option this can help to protect your policy from the effects of inflation.
- You may pay in more than we pay out
- This policy has no cash in value
How much benefit does British Seniors provide in the event of death?
British Seniors life insurance provides between £1,000 to £10,000 of cover. The benefit paid out depends on your age and chosen monthly premium. You are fully covered after an initial period of 12 months however if you die in an accident, you’re covered immediately and your benefit is doubled.
The maximum level of cover is as follows:
Age at start date
Maximum benefit amount
50 - 69
70 - 74
75 - 80
There are a range of companies offering over 50 life insurance and whilst the British Seniors plan could be right for you, we would always advise that you get several quotes before making your choice.
†For 50 year old non-smoker with £1,000 of cover.
~An unattended cremation means any cremation where there is no funeral service, funeral procession (or other services such as family viewing, limousine(s), embalming or delivery of ashes). The cremation is arranged at a crematorium at a date and time chosen by the allcoated funeral director and without anyone attending other than the funeral director’s staffsmall>
*£135 Gift Card, for new policy holders only, after six successful monthly payments and once your total premiums paid exceeds the value of your Gift Card. This promotion (the “Offer”) entitles you to a single £135 M&S, Tesco or Amazon.co.uk Gift Card* sent by email or post. View Full Terms and Conditions: Gift Card T&C's. Restrictions apply