Funeral Plans for under 50s
Funeral plans for under 50 year olds are available with many UK funeral plan providers although some companies specify that you should be 50 or older. An under 50 funeral plan is a good idea as the younger you are, potentially the more money you can save on funeral costs.
Get a funeral plan quote
Do I need an under 50 funeral plan?
An increasing number of people under 50 years of age are now considering prepaid funeral plans as part of their financial planning and protection needs.
At the end of the day, buying a funeral plan sooner rather than later can benefit you in a couple of ways:
- You are protecting your family from the stress and upset of arranging your funeral when the time comes and finding the money to pay for it. Instead, all they will need to do is make one phone call and the funeral director will take care of everything as detailed in your plan.
- Funeral costs have been increasing at an alarming rate, way above the rate of inflation. As a funeral plan fixes costs at today’s prices avoiding future inflation, you could be saving a substantial amount of money.
It’s a sad fact that funeral inflation has continually risen faster than RPI for many years, with costs having increased by 122% in just 15 years. Without taking into account flowers, memorials or legal services should probate be required, the average cost of a funeral in 2018 was £4,271; which could well rise to £9,005 over the next 20 years if a similar pattern of inflation continues.
What age can you start a funeral plan?
With the majority of funeral plan providers, you need to be at least 18 years old to apply although a few companies only accept customers who are 50 years of age or older.
The only other limitation is that you have to live in the UK; other than that, you’re application is guaranteed to be accepted.
Benefits of an under 50 funeral plan
The sooner you buy a prepaid funeral plan the more money you could potentially save your family as essentially you are paying at today’s prices, avoiding future inflation. In addition to these savings, the benefits of an under 50 funeral plan are as follows:
- It removes the worry of having to arrange a funeral from your family at what will undoubtedly be an extremely difficult and upsetting time.
- You get to choose the type of funeral you want and say goodbye ‘your way’.
- You can shop around and find the best under 50 funeral plan for you at the right price, something families are reluctant to do when the time comes.
- You can personalise the funeral service and add special wishes such as a favourite piece of music or poem.
No all under 50 prepaid funeral plans work in the same way, so it is important to fully understand what services are included before you choose the best plan for you. For example some prepaid plans will only include a contribution towards the cremation fees which could leave your family with more to pay, whereas other plans will fully guarantee these costs; therefore reading the small print is a must.
To ensure that your money is held securely, we would also recommend that you only choose a plan provider that is registered with and therefore regulated by the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA). This way you can be sure your chosen under 50 funeral plan provider has demonstrated that they comply with the FPA’s rules and strict code of practise.
What are your payment options?
When it comes to paying for an under 50 funeral plan there are a number of options available to you. You can of course pay in full with a single payment or spread your costs with monthly instalments if you prefer. The monthly payment options available to you will vary from company to company; for example some plan providers will offer instalment plans between 1 and 10 years whereas others have payment options available up to 25 years.
It’s important to understand and be comfortable with the monthly payment you choose and also the total cost of the plan once payment is complete.
So funeral plans for under 50 year olds are available and your acceptance will be guaranteed, with no health questions or medicals - just a simple application form.
Why not check out the levels of cover and prices on our main funeral plan section.
Get a Quote