RIAS Car Insurance Review
- Defaqto 5-star award 2013-2018
- Windscreen, glass and 90-day EU driving cover included “as standard”
- Over 50s drivers explicitly welcomed by a company with its roots in specialist over-50s insurance products
Please read our RIAS Car Insurance Review and then request a quote where you can compare leading car insurance quotes.
RIAS was launched in 1992.
RIAS is a trading name of Aegis Retail Limited, which is, in turn, a sister company of Aegis Insurance Ltd. RIAS policies are underwritten by Aegis Insurance Ltd.
For your peace of mind and reassurance, in the UK, RIAS Insurance is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
RIAS Car Insurance Options
RIAS offers a single policy option – fully comprehensive cover.
RIAS Fully comprehensive cover
Available under fully comprehensive cover :
- cover for driving in the EU;
- driving another car that is not your property (cover will be “third party only” and applies only if shown on your certificate of motor insurance – other conditions also apply);
- fire or theft damage to your own vehicle;
- audio, entertainment and entertainment equipment;
- accidental damage caused to your own car;
- your personal belongings;
- damage to your windscreen and window glass;
- if required, onward transport or overnight accommodation;
- the provision of a courtesy car while your own vehicle is under repair;
- the disposal of your car in situations where it cannot be repaired;
- access to 24x7 helplines (and a 24x7 claims service);
- UK based call centres and staff;
- online management of your policies and options;
- the protection of your no claims discount in qualifying circumstances (only included if shown on your policy schedule).
RIAS allows you to add an item or items from the following list (costs apply):
- replacement vehicle cover;
- breakdown cover (as provided by a third party service).
Reasons why you may wish to consider RIAS car insurance
Here are some of the reasons you might wish to consider over 50s car insurance quotes from RIAS when trying to compare car insurance:
- a company that stresses its origins in the specialist over-50s marketplace and which openly welcomes drivers in that age range via advertising claims of attractive pricing;
- a very flexible policy with plenty of add-on options if required;
- Defaqto 5-Star rating for the period 2013-2018 (independent assessment of the product under offer);
- published low rates pricing – with examples cited of cover starting at £171 a year. 10% of RIAS policyholders taking out a comprehensive policy between 1st March and 30th September 2017 paid that figure or less for their cover;
- the offer of an uninsured driver commitment – meaning that you won’t lose your existing no claims discount should you be hit by an uninsured driver. This is subject to the typical condition that the accident must not have been your fault. You will also need to provide the make, model and registration number of the uninsured vehicle;
- the provision of a courtesy car, as standard, if your vehicle is being repaired by a RIAS approved repairer;
- following a successful claim, all repairs to your vehicle will be guaranteed for three years.
Please note – the above statements may be subject to change over time or modification by RIAS without notice.
May we please take this opportunity to remind you that, as is commonly the case with all car insurance providers, RIAS car insurance policies will be subject to terms, conditions and policyholder/applicant status. Some of the above points may not apply in your unique situation.
In addition, should you be seeking car insurance quotations or cover information, please also remember that you must always provide full disclosure of all pertinent facts relating to your vehicle, driving licence status and any other information required by the company.
In situations where you aren’t sure about the pertinence of a piece of information to your application or individual situation, you should presume that disclosure is required. Providing false, misleading, inaccurate or incomplete information in order to secure vehicle insurance may put your cover at risk in the event of a claim and in some cases, may also be an offence.