The company began life as “The Liverpool Independent Legal Victoria Burial Society”. That was in the Liverpool of 1843.
Today the company remains a Friendly Society and is more commonly known as the “Liverpool Victoria”, “LV” or sometimes “LV=” as in “LV= car insurance”. It has grown to become a very large company organisation with assets of £14billion and 5.8 million customers, with approximately 1.1 million of those being society members.
They provide not only car insurance but also investment, general insurance, life insurance and pensions.
For your peace of mind, LV is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
LV= car insurance options
LV provide various forms of car insurance cover, including:
Third Party, Fire & Theft
Third party cover is the minimum insurance required by law in the UK if you are driving a vehicle on public roads. You are also required to keep your vehicle insured when it is off-road unless you have made a formal SORN (Statutory Off-Road Notification) to the DVLA.
That covers any claims awarded to third parties against you by a court following an accident for which you are held responsible. This minimum cover does not cover any damage to your car or injuries you might suffer.
LV car insurance adds cover for fire and theft of your car to that minimum legal requirement.
LV’s policy offers this form of cover to provide more rounded protection for policyholders. Just some of the benefits include:
- accidental damage to your car;
- uninsured drivers commitment, meaning your no claim discount is protected and there’s no excess to pay, providing you have the other driver’s details;
- cover if you accidentally fill your car with the wrong fuel;
- replacement locks and keys should your keys be lost or stolen;
- unlimited protection for factory-fitted phones, audio and SatNav technology (limited to £1,000 for non-factory fitted items);
- new-for-old vehicle replacement if your vehicle is less than 12 months old;
- £10,000 personal accident cover should you, your partner or a named driver be injured;
- replacement children’s car seats;
- vandalism guarantee – should your car be vandalised and you make a claim, you will retain your no claim discount and only need to pay your excess;
- personal belongings cover of £300 for items in your car;
- European car insurance cover – providing the same level of cover in the EU as you have in the UK and at no additional charge.
Classic Car & Caravan Insurance is also available.