LV Car insurance review
- Up to 6 cars and 12 drivers can be covered on one policy
- New-for-old vehicle replacement if your car is less than 12 months old
- Misfuelling cover
- Over 50s car insurance from just £194 -10% of new customers paid £194 or less (Jul - Dec 2017)
We hope our independent Liverpool Victoria car insurance review will help you decide whether it offers the most appropriate car insurance solution for you
Compare car insurance quotes
The company began life as “The Liverpool Independent Legal Victoria Burial Society”. That was in the Liverpool of 1843.
Today the company remains a Friendly Society and is more commonly known as the “Liverpool Victoria”, “LV” or sometimes “LV=” as in “LV= car insurance”. It has grown to become a very large company organisation with assets of £14billion and 5.8 million customers, with approximately 1.1 million of those being society members.
They provide not only car insurance but also investment, general insurance, life insurance and pensions.
For your peace of mind, LV is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
LV= car insurance options
LV provide various forms of car insurance cover, including:
Third Party, Fire & Theft
Third party cover is the minimum insurance required by law in the UK if you are driving a vehicle on public roads. You are also required to keep your vehicle insured when it is off-road unless you have made a formal SORN (Statutory Off-Road Notification) to the DVLA.
That covers any claims awarded to third parties against you by a court following an accident for which you are held responsible. This minimum cover does not cover any damage to your car or injuries you might suffer.
LV car insurance adds cover for fire and theft of your car to that minimum legal requirement.
LV’s policy offers this form of cover to provide more rounded protection for policyholders. Just some of the benefits include:
- accidental damage to your car;
- uninsured drivers commitment, meaning your no claim discount is protected and there’s no excess to pay, providing you have the other driver’s details;
- cover if you accidentally fill your car with the wrong fuel;
- replacement locks and keys should your keys be lost or stolen;
- unlimited protection for factory-fitted phones, audio and SatNav technology (limited to £1,000 for non-factory fitted items);
- new-for-old vehicle replacement if your vehicle is less than 12 months old;
- £10,000 personal accident cover should you, your partner or a named driver be injured;
- replacement children’s car seats;
- vandalism guarantee – should your car be vandalised and you make a claim, you will retain your no claim discount and only need to pay your excess;
- personal belongings cover of £300 for items in your car;
- European car insurance cover – providing the same level of cover in the EU as you have in the UK and at no additional charge.
Classic Car & Caravan Insurance is also available.
Compare car insurance quotes
Reasons why you may consider LV car insurance
Here are some of the reasons you might wish to consider over 50s car insurance quotes from LV= when making a car insurance comparison:
- 5-star Defaqto rating for 2018;
- you can insure up to six cars on the same policy and get a discount for each of them. Specifically
- up to 6 cars and 12 drivers can be covered on one policy;
- all cars can be added at the same time, scheduled to be included at a later date or deferred and added in at a later date;
- optional extras and cover levels can be varied for each car;
- all cars will have the same renewal date for administrative convenience;
- 5 year guarantee offered on car repairs you undertake when you use an LV= Car Insurance approved repairer;
- multiple optional extras (chargeable) including:
- motor legal expenses cover of up to £100,000 (conditions apply);
- guaranteed hire car cover – provides a courtesy vehicle if yours is being repaired by an LV approved tradesperson;
- up to £100,000 cover for personal accidents (vehicle cover related);
- breakdown cover provided from approved garages (called “LV= Britannia Rescue”);
- a lack of shareholders and Friendly Society status may appeal if you favour such for reasons of your own beliefs and values;
- discounts for members of the GMB Union.
The above statements are indicative only. Please remember that, as with all car insurance, LV= car insurance policies will be subject to terms, conditions and policyholder/applicant status.
When seeking quotations or cover information, you should always ensure that you provide full disclosure of your vehicle, driving licence status and any other pertinent facts required by the company. If in doubt, presume that disclosure is required and ask appropriate questions in advance.