Admiral Car Insurance Review
- Multi-car insurance options
- LittleBox insurance rewards safe driving
- Voted the best car insurance provider for five consecutive years*
We hope our independent Admiral car insurance review will help you decide whether it's the most suitable car insurance for you.
Compare car insurance quotes
Admiral is a UK-based insurance company.
It was set up 1993 specialising in car insurance. Admiral has been voted the best car insurance provider by the Personal Finance publication for five consecutive years – including 2017/18. They have about 14 million insurance policies issued in the UK.
For your peace of mind, Admiral is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Admiral car insurance provides various forms of car insurance cover, including:
- Third party car insurance cover is the minimum insurance required by law in the UK if you are driving a vehicle on public roads. You must typically also keep your vehicle insured and covered when it is stored off-road - unless you have made a formal Statutory Off-Road Notification (called “SORN”) to the DVLA.
- Third party covers any damages awarded to third parties against you by a court, should you have been in an accident that you are held to be accountable for. This minimum cover level doesn’t include protection for any damage to your car or injuries you might suffer. It also would not protect you should your car be stolen or otherwise destroyed
Third Party, fire & theft
- Admiral car insurance can add to the basic legal minimum, cover for fire or the theft of your vehicle;
- Admiral’s car insurance policy provides fuller cover to provide more rounded protection for policyholders. This offers (summary and not definitive):
- damage to your vehicle and repairs;
- windscreen replacement (excess applies);
- courtesy car while your own vehicle is being repaired (assuming you’re using an Admiral-approved garage);
- 90 days’ European driving cover;
- stereo cover (unlimited cover for audiovisual equipment);
- £5,000 personal injury cover
- a no claims bonus for named drivers. Any named driver on the policy is eligible to earn their own Admiral No Claims Bonus for use with other Admiral car insurance policies;
- SatNav and personal belongings cover. Covers your personal belongings or effects should they be damaged or stolen while in your car, up to £100;
- 24 Hour Emergency Helpline. Also covers third party, third party fire & theft customers if they have an incident and Admiral are liable for the damage;
You have the ability to upgrade your policy and tailor it to your own needs with:
- breakdown cover
- personal injury cover
- hire vehicle cover
- bonus accelerator
- motor legal protection
- keycare cover
This offers the option to add cars to your policy and receive a significant discount per vehicle. That discount can start from the first vehicle onwards.
That may be attractive for multi-car families.
Little Box Insurance
This involves an Admiral approved engineer fitting a driving monitoring box to your vehicle. It signals information about the driving characteristics of the driver or drivers concerned.
Adhering to safe driving practices (e.g. avoiding speeding) will lead to discounts. They are applied initially at the outset of the agreement.
Classic Car Insurance
The benefits provided are a subset, with some modifications, of those listed above under standard car insurance.
Admiral classic car insurance offers this type of cover for vehicles:
Compare car insurance quotes
- that are over 35 years old;
- under 70 years old (vehicles built prior to 1940 are defined as “vintage”);
- have a value of over £1,000 and under £25,000.
Reasons why you may consider Admiral car insurance
Here are some of the reasons you might wish to consider car insurance quotes from Admiral car insurance if you’re undertaking a car insurance comparison:multiple cars can be covered on one policy – which may be ideal for multi-car families;
- Reevoo (customer satisfaction surveys) rate Admiral car insurance as 8.8/10
- 90% of Admiral customers, after making a claim, say they would use Admiral car insurance again for their vehicle cover;
- Admiral voted the best car insurance provider for five consecutive years (source: Personal Finance publication);
- combination of multiple vehicle and learner driver cover might be very attractive to families.
The above statements are indicative only. Please remember that, as with all car insurance quotes, Admiral car insurance policies will be subject to terms, conditions and policyholder/applicant status. Excess may apply in claim situations.
When seeking quotations or cover information, you should always ensure that you provide full disclosure of your vehicle, driving licence status and any other pertinent facts required by the company. If in doubt, presume that disclosure is required and ask appropriate questions in advance.
Over50choices Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Seopa Ltd (FRN: 313860).