Why buy Life Insurance?
Not sure whether you need life insurance? It helps to think about what would happen to the people you care about if you died. Would they be able to cope financially?
Here are just a few reasons why people opt for life cover:
To help cover mortgage repayments
Replace lost income so those left behind can maintain the same standard of living
To fund children's education
To pay childcare fees so the surviving partner can continue to work
Cover final expenses such as medical bills, outstanding debts or funeral expenses
Leave a cash sum for family or close friends
Choosing the Best Life Insurance Plan
To help you get the right level of life cover, it is important to ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you want life insurance cover for? – mortgage or debt repayments / dependents or family / funeral costs etc
- How long do you want the cover to last? – for life / a specific number of years, perhaps to pay off a debt or the mortgage or until a dependent has reached a certain age
- Which type of plan is most suitable based on your needs? – level term / decreasing term / whole of life insurance
- How much life cover do you need? – Consider your outgoings, how much your family would need to maintain their lifestyle / average cost of funerals
- Do you have existing cover already in place, perhaps through work? – some companies do provide ‘death in service’ life cover
- How much can you afford to pay on a monthly basis? – you could be paying this for some time so make sure you choose a premium you are comfortable paying on an ongoing basis
- Do you also want life insurance for your partner? – consider joint life insurance vs two single life insurance plans
- Do you need critical illness? – see our critical illness section
Life Insurance Quotes
As with any insurance product it pays to shop around and compare life insurance quotes to make sure you get the right level of cover at the right price.
Just click on the ‘get a quote’ button, enter a few details and compare what is on offer with the UKs leading life insurance providers.
It takes less than 2 minutes to compare online quotes and if you would like more help, the team at Family Insurance Services are on hand to help, either by telephone or email.
Why Choose Over50choices
We specialise in personal finance for the over 50s, have over 50 years financial services experience and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Through our partnership with Family Insurance Services, an FCA registered insurance broker who specialise in insurance products, you can compare life insurance quotes with some of the UK’s leading Life Insurance Companies and get advice from a team of experts.