Cheap Home Insurance Is it worth it?
As with any insurance product, it pays to shop around. So if you are looking for cheap home insurance, it makes sense to compare home insurance quotes from a number of suppliers to make sure you get the right level of cover at the right price.
Here are some things to look out for that may make your ‘shopping’ more successful:
• Watch out for additional costs if paying in instalments. Paying for your buildings and contents insurance in full is usually the cheapest option in the long run.
• Look at the excess. Some insurers give you the option to increase your excess (the amount you pay for a claim) in order to reduce the premium.
• Combine buildings and contents insurance as it can lead to cheap home insurance. You may be offered a discount for having both services with the same insurer.
• Protect your no claims bonus.
• Limit your risk of claiming by increasing your security.
• Don’t over insure – it is important to ensure you have sufficient buildings and contents cover but having too much may unnecessarily inflate the amount you pay.
Remember though, cheap home insurance quotes may not always be the best so make sure you read the details.
To help you get the best home insurance deal, we compare home insurance from over 70 insurance companies!