Why choose a Golden Charter Funeral Plan?
- Guarantees to cover the Funeral Director's costs
- You are guaranteed to be accepted regardless of the state of your health
- An £940 allowance is included for third party costs; Golden Charter have removed doctors fees from their allowance as the law has already been changed in Scotland to remove these and it's expected to follow in England and Wales.
- A Will is included with the plan: this is fully transferable to another family member if not required by the plan holder
- They provide national coverage working with 3,300 Independent Funeral Directors
- They provide the largest network of independent Funeral Directors in the country
- Should you die whilst on holiday in mainland UK, transportation of the body to your funeral director is free
- All plans (apart from the fixed monthly payment plan) are fully transferable which means they can be used by any member of the family
- You have the flexibility to change your nominated Funeral Director if you move
- An expression of wish form is available on request for you to specify any personal wishes
- They offer a number of payment options helping you spread the cost
- They are recommended by the National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors
- They are a Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) registered provider
What Golden Charter says...
"Consideration for others is the most common reason for taking out a funeral plan and peace of mind is the most common benefit. With a 50+funeral plan from Golden Charter, you choose the funeral you want and pay for your funeral director’ services at today’s prices, relieving your family of any worries and uncertainty at what will inevitably be a distressing time.
Golden Charter works on behalf of the largest network of independent funeral directors in the UK- over 3,300 in fact- giving you the widest choice. Over 60% of funerals in the UK are carried out by independent funeral directors, and many of these are family run businesses that have served their communities for generations. We believe this offers you a local, personal service that makes a difference"
The following payment options are available with Golden Charter funeral plans:
Payment in full
Choose the level of service that suits your needs and pay by cheque, debit or credit card.
Monthly payment options
Payment over 12 months: If you wish to pay 12 monthly payments you can, alternatively you can pay a minimum deposit of £99 and pay the balance any time within the 12 month period - useful if you wish to secure a plan and are waiting for funds etc.
Monthly Instalments: spread the cost of your funeral plan over 1 to 30 years
- The 12 monthly Instalment option has no additional administration fees.
- You are covered for your services once you have completed your payments.
The following table shows the monthly payments for a 54 year old: payments do vary slightly be age.
| Instalment term
|| 3 years
|| 5 year
|| 10 years
|| 20 years
| Select Plan
| Premier Plan
Fixed Monthly Payments: Monthly payments that are payable for life or until you are 90
- Acceptance is guaranteed, you just need to be between the ages 50 and 75 and live in the UK.
- You are fully covered after an initial period of 2 years.
- Depending on how long you live there is a chance that you will pay more than the cost of your
- If you cancel after the 30 day cooling off period, your services will not be provided and no money
will be refund.
What are the differences?
The main differences between this option and the instalment option is that you will make monthly payments until your 90th birthday or until you die.
You will also have full cover after 2 years, whereas with instalments should you die during the payment